Sunday 20 April 2008

Childrens Book Festival

Today Me and Kelly went to the children's book festival held in the Theater over at Grande Parade, and it turned out to be a very valuable experience. I came away feeling very positive. Some interesting and helpful points were raised from a professional panel of illustrators and book authors giving advice on self promotion, getting an agent, legal issues and getting published. Their backgrounds varied from graphic design , Literary agents and successful publishers from Little Tiger Press and Puffin and authors.
(Look on kelly's blog for more info and pretty pictures about the festival, she's done a great job of explaining it in more detail).

2 comments:

Kelly Purves said...

WOW Kelly, you've summed up today brilliantly. I was gonna write something about it in my blog but it will sound pretty shit compared to that. I know what i'm gonna do, i'll just mention today and then refer others to your blog. I'm a lazy bugger! ha ha
Im really glad we went today, your right I also came away with a positive feeling. Plus I Love my new books.

you lazy bugger indeed, all i did was type my notes up! but today was worth it tho, and worth the money i reckon as well. glad your lovin yer books, they did look really great. my postman book is awesome, i've read it twice and feel so clever! ha ha. anyhoo, i found that book on amazon somewhere and have ordered it, fairly cheap too. martin salisbury dude and there seems to be a lot more books on there too, see ya tomoro!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.