Thursday 25 October 2007

Future Concept so far

Having researched over the past 3 weeks I am getting closer to my final future concept. I have been thinking about ways that can share and improve vision.
My first idea was to create a projector mobile phone which ables the users to share there videos and images with others, but after carrying out research on this concept I found that it has already been done and is currently in production and is due out next year 2008.
Secondly I came up with a concept which is a laptop that has an extendable screen, which would ultimately improve vision by making the screen larger, this would be ideal for design students etc. The laptop would have an extendable screen, would also be portable and the user can choose when and where to use it. I wanted to capitalize the screen, an extendable screen isn't enough, so i was thinking about the current trends in communication, connectivity and interactivity, social networking etc.
I have been thinking about the possibilities of having multiple interfaces, the extended screen could be used as one single platform or can be split into three screens. I started thinking about video conferencing which ables people to interact from different locations, this laptop would able a three way conversation. I have also thought about touch screen interfaces I came across the new HP TX1000 laptop, the LCD screen has an integrated touchscreen that swivels and folds flat to render the laptop keyboardless, this is an area that I need to research further before I decide to include this in my concept.
Last Thursday I presented my ideas to the class, I received some good feed back. Currently I am thinking about converging my original idea of a projector phone with my extendable laptop screen. I'm looking at the possibilities of integrating a projector in the back of a laptop. A miniature projector has already been fitted into the top of a mobile phone so, I know that small projectors are out there and I think this would be possible .

2 comments:

UCU FE Branch Brighton said...

Good idea development and record of learning, points raised. How about more images and/or video links and 'visual research'

Claire said...

Hi Beth,

Below is the name of the magazine I was telling you about that had info on product style and selling tips.

Magazine:
Engineering and Technology, October 2007

Article: Selling with style (analysis)